The Loan Process
- Copy of driver’s license and social security card
- Most recent pay stubs (1 month)
- W2 Forms (past 2 years)
- If self employed, complete tax returns (past 2 years)
- Bank statements (2 months)
Then, follow these steps in order:
- Get approved for your mortgage loan before you even start looking for a new home.
- After obtaining a pre-approval, find an excellent realtor to work with – we can help you with this.
- When you have found your new home, make an offer by completing a purchase agreement.
- After your offer is accepted, submit a final loan application specific to your new home.
- After obtaining final loan approval, go to the closing to obtain the keys to your new home!
If you are prepared and follow the steps above, your financing will go smoothly. Always feel free to call anytime during the process if you have any questions. It is far better to do something right the first time rather than having to do it over!